quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Sunday, May 29, 2011

...and He will make me strong.

I can't sleep, so guess what I'm doing??

If you guessed writing, then you are precisely correct.


Tonight, I heard a really cool story about how my new-found-friend Jennifer and her husband met and wound up married.

(She kept thinking that she was "talking too much," but little did she know - she was kind of inspiring me.)
        ...inspiration tends to be a recurring theme in my life these days.  :)

Jennifer kept talking about that every time she crossed a path, even before she met her husband, she prayed about it.  She prayed for God to give her the answer, the decision, that He wanted for her... not what she wanted...

...how many times have I made a decision simply because it was a decision that I thought was right for me?  and how many times have those decisions wound up being ones that I wished I hadn't made?


...hmm...

...that would be multiple times.
(more in the long ago past than in the recent past)


I know it's not something that I can change overnight, but I'm thinking that I'm going to begin adopting Jennifer's habit (it's what I should've been doing all along, I am aware).  After all, He is the way, the truth, and the life, right?

...then He will know exactly where I need to be.
...and He will lead me to exactly the right decisions.
...and He will make me strong.


...and strength is all I need to get me through.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer's way is how I ultimately found Ben... Or how Ben found me? I stopped looking for what I thought I wanted or needed (pretty much gave up actually) and asked someone else to show me what I was meant to be doing. (Because clearly, I was screwing up everything on my own) It took a lot of those conversations...A LOT of those conversations... there were days I wasn't sure anyone was listening and there were days when I wondered if I was worth the conversation but then there were days when I felt confident everything was going to work out eventually...

    And then...

    I met Ben.

    I think you know the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete