quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Monday, September 19, 2011

...to Colorado.

This song is what comes to mind when I think about my trip.  Not only because he actually says 'Colorado' in it, but because I now truly know that this really is a good life - and it's gonna BE a good life, too.

Give it a listen:


"When you're happy like a fool,
let it take you over.
When everything is out,
you gotta take it in.
Oh, this has gotta be the good life.
This has gotta be a good life.
This could really be a good life, good life.
I say, oh, got this feeling that you can't fight,
like this city is on fire tonight.
This could really be a good life,
a good, good life."


We listened to that song numerous times at Camp Sumatanga this summer, and somehow I knew that it would not only encompass my summer at camp but also the next few months of my life... and it truly has.

I have been blessed with a wonderful man, my own wonderful family, some wonderful new (and old) friends, and now his wonderful family.

At times, I feel like I don't deserve it because I haven't been exactly who I was meant to be... but once I think about it...
I really have been exactly who I was meant to be.

If I hadn't made my past mistakes, I wouldn't have moved home.
If I hadn't moved home, I wouldn't have started school at Athens.
If I hadn't started at Athens, I wouldn't have had to move home from Florida.
If I hadn't moved home from Florida, I wouldn't have started back work at Children's.
If I hadn't started working there again, I wouldn't have met the new friend(s).
If I hadn't met Jenn, I might not have met Mr. Wonderful.
And if I hadn't met Mr. Wonderful?

Well, then, I don't know that I would've ever found this kind of happiness, love, and adoration.

It's possible... but it wouldn't have been the kind I was destined to have in my life.
It wouldn't be him... and therefore, it wouldn't be the same.

I finish this post with a smile on my face because at this very moment I am smiling a smile bigger than I have ever smiled, inside and out.  I am thankful every single day for what I have been given, and I intend on living every day in that manner...

...because it really is a good life.
A good, good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment