quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness, anyone??

Two days ago at work, I read a blog about a lady (that I don't know) that did 38 Random Acts of Kindness for her 38th birthday.

She and her three girls spent the entire day doing awesome things for others... just because they could.

They did things like:
     taping enough $ to buy a coke to the front of a machine
                   taking the grocery carts back in the store for the workers
giving Krispy Kreme donuts to construction workers
           helping elderly people unload their groceries
                          giving away coupons for Krispy Kreme donuts that they already had
      and other various and random acts of kindness.

I turn 25 in a little over 3 months (yes, I know - I'm getting old, but who cares?!), and that blog has inspired me...

For my 25th birthday this year, I'm going to make a list and DO 25 Random Acts of Kindness.

...but I've also made another decision:
I'm going to try and start doing at least one random act of kindness each and every day.
If for no other reason than just to brighten someone's day.
No personal gain.
Just a smile from me to you.
(because, after all, you can't NOT smile when someone else smiles at you, right?)

because the world would be a much grander place if we all did 38 Random Acts of Kindness for our 38th birthdays... or just any ol' birthday...

...anyone else want to accept that challenge??

(psst... the more you do to help others, the more you tend to generate happiness in your own life - just a little tip)

;)

2 comments:

  1. Ruth has been leaving spare change for strangers because it might make them feel good and she gave all our donut coupons away on Monday...I think she may have beat you to this whole "random acts of kindness" thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog about Ruthie's little acts of kindness actually starting my thinking on this topic... as soon as I read the blog from the random lady, I knew that it was something I was supposed to be doing. So... with that being said... hug my girl, give her a big ol' kiss on the top of her head, tell her I miss her, and tell I learned a little something from her... because she's awesome (like her mom). :)

    ReplyDelete