quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apple butter tastes like apples... and butter.

I opened my planner today to check and make sure (for the umpteenth time) that I knew what all I had going on this week - it's going to be uber busy! - and this was plastered across the top:

"There are no precedents: You are the first You that ever was."
                                                                      Christopher Morley

...hmm...

He's right.
            I am.
     (and so are you.)
and so is a little someone special to me that I miss dearly...

She's Ruthie to me... and today I just so happened to have put on my necklace that she gave me for Christmas last year... remember this one?













...and when I thought of Ruthie, I thought of three things - the first two she said to me and the other one she so kindly had her mom place in my journal that was part of my "Going Away/We Love You/We'll Miss You/Merry Christmas" gift:

"If I could hug you right now, I would, but I have glue all over my hands."

"Apple butter tastes like apples... and butter."

and

"Some things that look pretty just don't taste good."


She's one of a kind, and even when she's miles and miles and MILES away, she can still make me smile.

That, in and of itself, is a quality that I think we should all try to possess
(and I nod)
because it just makes life so much... prettier (even if it doesn't always taste good).

No comments:

Post a Comment