quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Monday, April 2, 2012

the one responsible

I grow...
   ...to love him more each day.
      Mr. Wonderful has changed me (and my life)
         for the better.

It's hard not to wake up every day, immediately thanking God for giving me him.

...and I hope there is never a day that goes by that I forget to thank Him for what He has given me.

Even in the busiest of days, I take just a moment to say thank you...
...because I want God to know how much it means to me, how much Mr. Wonderful means to me.
...and because I want to never forget to be humble and appreciative of things.


I know I was only 24-years-old when I met Mr. Wonderful, but I had all but given up on the idea of finding a man that was exactly what I had always pictured myself to find.  I wasn't surrendering to the idea of being alone, but I was coming to grips with finding someone that was only... halfway what I expected.

My daddy always told me to never settle for less than what I deserved, and truth be told, I had begun to think that maybe because of my past, I didn't deserve the same things that I had always imagined in a man:

someone who loves me for who I am
someone who is imperfect but in my eyes is perfect
someone who told me all the time how loved I was
someone who loved me as much as I loved them
someone who would do anything in the world to make sure I am happy
someone who was just as big a nerd as I was
someone who loves the same things I do
someone who loved nothing more than to be in my company
someone who touched my face and kissed my lips in a way that showed adoration
someone who loved me so irrevocably that I never doubted their love
someone who wants to live a happy life, not based on monetary needs
someone who is willing to work as hard as me to maintain happiness
someone who is always honest with me
someone who is my best friend
(and the list goes on)


...and last year, out of nowhere, I met that someone.
Who knew that he was 1,500 miles away in Colorado...
who knew that he was going to love me better than I could've even imagined...
who knew that I would be taking the biggest leap of faith in my life to find true happiness...
who knew that he was so perfectly imperfect that I can still hardly believe it sometimes...
who knew that we would fit so well?

Oh, wait...
that would God.
The one responsible for each of us.
The one responsible for bringing me and Mr. Wonderful together.

So, why wouldn't I thank Him every single day for Mr. Wonderful?

He deserves more than that, but if that's the least I can give Him in return?
I'll give it to him... ten fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment