quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Saturday, December 3, 2011

He saved me from the wrong one... :)


I de-boarded my plane in Denver, CO at about 11:15 in the afternoon on November 23rd...

...and about ten minutes later, one of the most wonderful sentences every whispered into my ear was uttered:

"I love you."


.
..
...
....
...
..
.


(I've loved you from the moment I met you)

but, saying it back was... well... actually a HUGE thing for both of us.

We've both said that we love people before, but there's something about finding THE ONE that makes all of those other times seem...

RIDICULOUS.

AS IF THEY DON'T MATTER.









It's ironic to me (now) that He does this... because He does it for a reason:

He wants you to cherish the one that He made for you, to love them unconditionally...

...and that's exactly what He's given to me with Mr. Wonderful.

I have experienced heartbreak beyond what I think any parent would want for their child, but He did it for a reason:  He brought me to all of that heartache so that my heart would be BIG ENOUGH to hold all of the love that I have now.

All of the love that I have for Mr. Wonderful.
All of the love that I have for the children that we don't even have yet.
All of the love that I would have for Mr. Wonderful's family (because we all know that you can't TRULY love someone without loving their family - and that is something that I definitely do!)


The width and height and depth that my soul can possibly reach?
THAT is the love I have for him... because of Him.
It is the love that I have for the family that we have not yet made with each other but will in our future.
It is the love that I feel when he kisses my forehead.
It is the love that I feel when he holds my hand.
It is the love that I feel when he kisses my lips.
It is the love that I feel when he snuggles me and holds me tight.
It is the love that I feel when I yammer on for what seems like for-ev-er sometimes... but he still at least pretends to be interested...


He loves me.
And there is no "he loves me not" to follow that sentence.

He loves me.
And he always will.

Because He made it that way.
Perfect pieces to an imperfect puzzle.
Made to fit uniquely together.
Forever.

1 comment:

  1. Last night, I told a friend of mine... another very good friend - to keep searching. to hold on. [a friend who has been through worse heart ache than I believe I have] Why? Because it IS worth waiting for but more importantly because of something Ben told me just after I'd sold my house and moved clear across the country to live -here- for him.

    I asked him, "What would you have done if you'd never found me?"

    and he replied, "I'd be searching for you."

    I also told her that when your heart is open and available to love it WILL find you.

    ...Ben still writes me love letters.
    that is the sort of love
    I always wanted.

    Everyone deserves
    the sort of love
    they've always wanted.

    Love,
    me

    (as I beam with happiness for you)

    ReplyDelete