quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Monday, December 12, 2011

When it rains, it pours.

I'm no fool.
I knew from the beginning of this relationship with Mr. Wonderful that being 3,000 miles apart was going to be tough, but we both decided from the moment we realized this could be something special
(try beyond special... he's my soulmate)  :)
that if we could make it through the distance thing, we could make it through anything.

I know, I know... there's a lot of those statements that get thrown around in a relationship, sometimes just to make the other person feel better... but it was something that we really and truly meant - and still do.

But right now?

Right now, it's raining...
...nay...
...it's POURING.

My sweet, wonderful man's grandfather passed away two days ago, and he has had a not-so-wonderful reaction to it all.  I mean, who can blame him?  It's his grandfather for crying out loud!

And now?
Now there's some issues with his dad (not life-threatening - we're hoping he'll be home soon),
and my sweet man just keeps getting rained POURED on.
If one thing has gone wrong for him, so has another.
(stupid Murphy)

And I'm here.
In Alabama.
3,000 miles away from him.
And words?  They seem to only go so far sometimes.

(sigh)

So...

God, if you could do me a solid and kick Murphy's butt out of Mr. Wonderful's life for a while that would be awe-some...

Two months.
That's all we need.
(semi)Sanity for two months.
We know nothing's going to go completely perfectly.  It never does, but if he could catch a break right now, that would be flippin' awesome.  Seriously... just get us through these two months.

...cause he can't take the stress, anger, pain, etc.
...and I can't take knowing he's going through all of that and not being able to do anything about it.

Please.
And thank you.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment