quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

laughing at the devil..

A day of smiles is what I found for myself today, as I had a dream last night that was beyond what words can describe.  I let Mr. Wonderful know about the dream, and my heart literally began to glow after my final when I read these words:


@ 9:26 a.m.:
"this morning i drove to work worshipping and laughing at the devil.."


(have I mentioned how much I love that man?)

The Lord delivers peace and understanding at precisely the right time, and He most certainly has delivered it to Mr. Wonderful in his time of need - just as he delivered Mr. Wonderful to me at precisely the right time, for precisely the right reasons.

Thank you for answering my prayer(s), Lord - because it sure has been nice to hear the "smile" in his voice today and the laughter that I so love hearing on the other end of the phone.

I found myself thinking about how comforting and healing laughter can be while hearing that "piratey" laugh sneak through the phone tonight, and I couldn't help but think about how much of a medicine it truly is.  There is no true healing of a broken heart from the death of a loved one.  I learned that a few months ago with the death of my Peppy.

But laughter?

That's the good stuff.
That's the stuff that miracles and happiness and giggles and smiles and healing are all made out of.
That's the stuff that God gives us to make us remember how grand life is when it seems inevitably low, as if nothing will ever get back to "going right."

Sometimes, when you just can't find it in you to really smile - and I mean truly, truly smile from deep down within - sometimes that's when God gives you the very best laughter.

The good stuff.

And that's when we begin to realize that "surrendering" it all to Him?
Well, that lets the good stuff just keep on coming, the laughter, the medicine, the healing.

So, I leave you with a final thought:
When was the last time you surrendered it all and just laughed from deep down inside?  That healing might just save your life.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment