quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Saturday, March 3, 2012

better than Harry Potter.

At dinner last night with Mr. Wonderful and my parents,
     he began to get a glimpse into the crazy wonder that is my family.
  He handled the bundles of information with...
             ...well...
     ...shock and awe?
       ...or was it poise and grace?
When it comes to my family, I'm not sure which you'd call it.
       We're a handful, both individually and together,
  so it was probably a bit of both.

But sitting there with him,
     "on the tip" of the knowledge "iceberg,"
         (his analogy, actually)
glancing lovingly over at him as he soaked it all in,
  I think I fell just a little bit more in love with him...
       ...if you can believe it.

He makes me... better.  A better person.
    ...and I'm pretty sure it's contagious.
      There's a change of attitude in people when they're around him.
I realized it last night as I watched him,
  getting to know my parents,
     laughing with them,
touching my hand in this...
               ...reassuring way that he has...
         ...as if to let me know that no matter what,
            everything will be all right.
Even my parents seem to dance to a different (and genuinely happier) tune when he's around.

It's like magic.
    Contagious magic.
  ...like, better than Harry Potter. ;)

...and I can't wait to see the magic unfold in our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment