quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Step by Step

Last night, as I was talking to my boyfriend, I realized that after over two months, I had still yet to share with him the fact that I blog.

(hmm...)

Anyway...

He asked me why I started my blog in the first place, so I thought for about half a second and this was my response:


@ 8:11 P.M.:
"Umm... being in Florida and being lonely, oh-so-lonely, and not knowing what to do to cure it.  I started babysitting one of my babies from the daycare and her big sister, and I realized how eerily similar Paula (the mom) and I were.  Her husband's in the Air Force, so he soon went overseas and I found myself at their house almost ever waking - and possibly - hour.  So... she and I became really close.  They were my home away from home.  She began telling me about her divorce and how she met Ben, her current husband, and she started telling me how her blog(s) had helped her to realize who she really was inside, helped her to deal with reality and become who she was today - this bubbly, hilarious, fantastic person.  So... I started me a blog."

@ 8:18 P.M.:
"And when I'm feeling at my lowest, I blog because it helps me sort out my issues and realize what's most important.  And when I'm happy?  Well, those blogs aren't very long because like right now?  I'm so happy that there aren't enough words in the English language to describe it.  It's how I cope.  It's how I... deal.  And it's how I rejoice in everything that the Lord gives me, good or bad."


We then talked about a book that he and his family read that helped to change not only his life but also their lives.  I'm thinking of adopting it and having my family read it.  There's nothing wrong with a little change, is there?

I don't think so...


My own response to that simple little question of his made me do a superb amount of thinking...
I have changed a lot.
And I have changed for the better.
So much better.

I love my life so so much right now, and although I'm still blogging, it's not always about sad or negative things anymore.  After all, why can't I take the time and find the words to express my happiness?  my contentment?  my sheer bliss?

Better yet, why can't I take the time to express it so that I can show other people ways to better their own lives?

I'm not going to put it all in this one blog, though.
I've decided that I'm going to do this step by step, blog by blog.
Each blog for the next few days, I will recap conscious decisions and choices that I made in my life that have led to the changes that are so much a part of who I am today.

The very best part about it, though, I will tell you now:

(...it's my secret to this success, though, so don't go sharing it with too many people:)

I haven't really changed.  I've just become a BETTER version of me, one who knows what she wants (and deserves) and refuses to settle for anything less than the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment