quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Saturday, November 27, 2010

An exact replica.

Today is my great-grandfather's 93rd birthday.

That's a lot of life to live.

The best part about it is that...
he's healthier than I am.

The world would be multitudes greater if there were more people in this world like him.

He's a mechanic and still does all of his own home repairs
(at his ripe old age).

He drives himself to all of his doctor's appointments.

He's more self-sufficient than anyone I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Something cool about him??

My own father is basically the exact replica of this tiny, wrinklie-faced little man...
and a girl couldn't be more thankful at this time of year for someone so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment