quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I think I'll stay this way.

This is my first blog.
 Not ever.  Just on this site...

and I'm pretty excited about it.

I have had a lot of new, fresh beginnings in my life in the last six months, and this is going to be my next adventure.

What all have I done in the last six months, you ask?
Well, let's see...

- I quit my job.
- I packed up my entire life and moved to Florida.
- I started a new job.
- I made friends (oh, did I forget to mention that when I moved to Florida I knew no one except my aunt and uncle and their kids?  Yeah... not the most exciting thing in the world).
- I started going to a new church.
- I lost three of the most amazing people I have ever known in my 23 years.

All of that may not seem like a whole lot to some people, but to me...

it was an eternity of impossibilities and uncertainties.
I knew no one, and I feared I would never make any real friends.
I made new friends, and I lost old (lifelong) ones.
It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but...

It
was
worth
it.

I have a plan for my life for the first time in a long time.
I don't constantly feel a nagging question in my mind of if I'm ever truly going to be who I was meant to be because I know the answer now.

Am I perfect, you ask?
By no means what-so-ever.

But I like the perfectly imperfect person that I am...


I think I'll stay this way.
(as I sigh, satisfactorily)

1 comment:

  1. Oh hoochie boochie you have always been a twinkle in my eye. The peanut butter on my rice krispy treat. I found an amazing friend in you and will continue to water this thing until we can't grow any more...which I doubt will ever happen. Love you. Mindy Sue

    ReplyDelete