quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fishing.

Bait the hook.
Click back the catch on the reel.
Cast out your line.
Flip the catch down.
Slowly reel it in...


Fishing...

I, my friends, have been fishing.

I caught a couple of brim the first time down at the river.
See?



He was a monster, I know.
Try not to be too jealous.  ;)










Then, we went trout fishing at Sipsey.
I
didn't
catch
a
dad-blamed
thing.
Not even a bite.

...and then I got to thinking:

We talk about all the "fish in the sea" and how there's always more of 'em out there if we lose one that we thought we'd caught...

...so, that means that I have been fishing for 24 a whole bunch of years now??
Are you kidding me??
I should be an expert by now...

...but wait just a cotton pickin' second...

I happen to have found a little fishie.
He goes by the name of Josh,
and in the words of my late, great Peppy:

He's a keeper.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment