quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Like a grain of mustard seed.

Matthew 17:20  He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”


I can't even say much after that.
Faith like a grain of mustard seed.
Do you know how tiny that is?
How very little faith that would be?

That's all He expects of us, all He asks for.
Faith like a grain of mustard seed.
Just a tiny bit, and He will give us strength to move mountains.


Times like these make it hard.
When your self-proclaimed "adoptive baby sister"s mother is battling cancer.
When you watch someone you love in pain.
But at the end of the day, I know that my faith is at least like a grain of mustard seed.
Even on my weakest days, it's greater than that.

Right now, all I can do is pray.
For her.
For her mom.
For her family.
God brings miracles - every day - into this world.
His miracle here might not be to heal her mom completely from this cancer, but maybe his miracle here is to take away her pain...

I'm not sure, and I'm not going to try to guess.
His answers will unfold as surely as his strength and mercy.

Until then?
I'll just pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment