quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Remembory."

I have had a wonderful weekend with the Sides women
(not counting getting sick Saturday night).

We started our good times off with a little Christmas jingle, courtesy of Ruthie and her fellow classmates.

Bells was so incredibly good through the whole thing.  She sat through the entire performance in a complete trance by the singing and dancing.  It was so cute...

...it even helped her to get to sleep on the way home (as it was beyond her bedtime).














...is that not the absolute sweetest thing you've ever seen???


Friday night, I babysat the girls while Paula went to the squadron Christmas party.

After I got to see this adorable smile (courtesy of bath time):













We watched 'Elf' and Ruth thought it was the greatest movie she'd ever seen in her entire life.  
(...smart girl, right?)  ;)

After a late night, Paula and I still somehow managed to peel ourselves from our beds and take the girls to Breakfast with Santa at GBUMC.  Ruth got to participate in some fun activities, but she neglected to know even a single thing that she wanted for Christmas...

I'm not quite sure that Santa is used to hearing that response from a seven-year-old, but it sure made me laugh a little.  :)

After breakfast, we took Ruth to make her very first "big girl purchase"... she bought her very own DSi with her own money.

(no, seriously.)

She sold all of her worldly possessions via ebay, collected and saved her allowance, and consequentially saved enough money to purchase the Limited Edition Super Mario Kart DSi...

...I've never seen a smile so big.  :)


It was a very good weekend for me with them (as I hope it was for them with me, too).  I have learned one thing, for sure:

I'm going to miss them more than words can say.

...but, God-willing, my "remembory" (much like Ruth's) will serve me well enough to hold memories of times like these forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment