quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

...silly me...

As I sat across the table from her, I knew without a doubt in my mind that Ruthie was about to put on an extra silly show tonight.

...and as much as I want to say she does, the child never ceases to amaze me.

She is ever so loudly squishing her leftover pancakes into her mouth
and drinking her milk out of her super awesome alligator cup,
as she slowly puts down the pancake triangle and listens...

...
...
...

Paula is singing to Bella...
...and talking to her...
as she wraps her up in the magic blanket (the swaddle blanket, for anyone who is curious). 

Upon hearing this, Ruth looks up from her Santa plate at me...

...back down at her plate...

...and then slowly forward and says...

"Mom, you know the baby will never go to sleep if you stand there and talk to her."

With that, Paula and I laugh as Paula then laughingly argues with Ruth about the importance of talking to Bella as she is being put to bed (as she does quite the same thing with Ruth while getting her in bed at night, too).

(and here I am baffled... do I sigh?... grin?... or just laugh?)

The seven year old knows just how to take care of the five month old.

Silly Paula...
...for that matter, silly me...
I always talk to the baby when I'm putting her to sleep. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment