quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Camp in a Nutshell.

So... who wants to see what other awesomeness I got into this past weekend?
(other than realizing things about my life)

Here you go:














When I arrived at camp, we immediately unloaded the car.  On my first trip in, I happened to look down and see this.  I thought it was so cool that the water froze in the ripples like that.
(and I somehow knew that that was an indicator that I was about to have an awesome weekend)
(nod)














Mom and I created this tree on the wall of our classroom.  The plan was to hang the kids' cocoons on the leaves that appear to be falling.  Well... the next day when we came in, the entire tree was on the ground.  Our plan was an EPIC FAIL because of the cold weather.
(It looked cute for a day, though!)  :)














Once my sister and her fiance` got to camp, we rode to the top of the mountain
(yes, we avoided the hiking because... well... we were too cold and too lazy.)  ;)
where we got to see this amazing view.  Imagine this beauty ten fold in the summer.  It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life.
             (no, seriously)














My co-leader for the weekend found the cutest skit ever for our kids to do for Stunt Night on Saturday night.
(The caterpillar was the "smartest caterpillar in the world."  It could count, and it could walk over human bridges - too bad it wasn't potty trained.)  ;)














Late Saturday night, we went to a camp fire with the youth group and got to know some of them better.  It was quite an interesting trip.
(especially when we realized that the starter log was on the BOTTOM of the wood pile... hmm...)


...and lastly...

...my favorite kicks?
They walked a ton of steps all over my favorite place in the world.

Even though my back was hurting and my feet were killing me,
my feet (and myself) were the happiest they've been since this past summer when I was at camp.

My favorite kicks finally got introduced to my favorite place to be, and I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it just as much as I did. 

They finally got a chance to live the fabulous-ness of camp. :)
(and I'm fairly certain they're looking forward to all the living they'll get to do there this summer, too!)

(yes, yes, they are.)

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment