quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Friday, February 4, 2011

"The Most Genius Love Advice Ever."

Ah, the joys of being a child...

I am sitting at work, reading my Glamour magazine
(that I get for free... shh!  Don't tell anyone 'cause I don't know how it's happening, but...
I LIKE IT.)  :)
and there's an article in here called "The Most Genius Love Advice Ever."

I read just about every article, so of course I read this one.

They feature questions and answers by a few knowledgeable 99-year-olds and equally wise 9-year-olds.
       [yes, 9-year-olds... they're chalked full of pure wisdom - didn't you know that?]
                       [no, seriously]

To be honest, it was kind of a boring article with typical answers - even from the youngens - when all of a sudden...
...I finally got the childish yet insightful answer that made me laugh.
(which was my motive in reading the article in the first place)



How do you know it's love?
"I figured this out from my experience: It's love if he blushes when you talk to him, and when you look at him, he won't make eye contact."
- Rachel Katz, 9






Now that's the answer I was looking for!!

So full of youthful delight (and truth, sometimes).

It made me think of my Ruthie - even though her answer would probably have resembled that of one of the 99-year-olds rather than that of the 9-year-old (she's just smart and seemingly worldly like that).


There's just so much delight in being young and thinking that you have it all figured out,
including love.

It also got me thinking a little bit...
...we kind of make love a little harder than it really has to be sometimes.

                                                We over-analyze things

              We worry too much about what's going to happen in the future.

Instead of just letting love happen,
sometimes we try to stop it from happening because, well,
sometimes we're too afraid of being hurt.

But...

...shouldn't we just let it happen?


Just blush when they talk to us?
And avoid eye contact?
(personally, I think we should throw in some of the classic banter and picking on each other, too)
( - weren't you told that that is a clear sign of a crush? - )

That clearly means we love them, after all, right?  ;)



That, my friends, is what you call the true genius (love advice) of a 9-year-old.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I gave you a book once (that I found on the wrong shelf at a bookstore) titled, Love is Letting Go of Fear.

    I told you it was corny but I liked it.

    I'm laughing right now because I think was about to type, "Maybe you should have read it."

    -wink-

    (PS. We Love, Love, Love you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Aurora: But you know something? I *have* met someone.
    Owl: Who? Who?
    Princess Aurora: Oh, a prince. Well, he's tall and handsome, and... and so romantic. Oh, we walk together, and talk together, and just before we say goodbye, he takes me in his arms, and then... I wake up. Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true, and I've seen him so many times. :)

    ReplyDelete