quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Angelita Noel Hill.

Two days ago, the unthinkable happened.

Our puppy (well, dog) that we have had for 11 years died.
Suddenly.
Without warning.

There's only one other time in my life that I have felt the pain that I feel right now
(and that was when the 3 Ezell's died).



She was fine on Wednesday and fine on Thursday all day.
Then Thursday night, she began breathing a little funny.
She was still doing it Friday afternoon, so we really began to worry.
Then she vomitted.

So, I made the executive decision to take her to the vet.
We climbed in ol' Bessie (my car) and off we went.
Before we ever got out of the parking lot, she puked again.
All over my left leg and seat.
         (but I didn't mind - my baby girl wasn't feeling well)

We were told to come back at 2 o'clock as there were no doctor's in house until then.
So, the clock ticked...
...and ticked...
...and finally it was time to go.

We got there and an hour later,
here comes the vet to bring me back...

...wait...

...where's my dog?

"Well, we took the x-rays, and we've got a heart that's enlarged."

(gulp)

"...and our EKG is showing a third degree blockage."

(double gulp)

After crying, I called my dad (still crying) and told him to come up there.
He arrived ten minutes later, where we got the explanation of what was going on - yet again.
Needless to say, the prognosis was not good, but if we could get her through the night, we might be in the clear - at least for a little while.

We convinced him to let us take her home, so he went to draw blood.
Five minutes later, he comes in to bring us...

...wait...

...again you come back without my baby girl?  What is going on??

"Well, she's not going home with y'all.  She passed out while we were taking blood, and we've got her on oxygen."

-CRAP-


We got to go back and see her after that, but she was completely out of it.

[I like to think that she knew we were there, even though the doctor says she probably didn't.  Our baby girl always knew when we were with her.]


My heart broke completely in two as, hours later, we kissed her goodbye and her breathing changed.
Somehow, I knew it was the end.

He gave her Atripene... nothing helped.

Our baby was going home to see her big sister (our Mallory), whether we liked it or not.


So, we sat with her.
as she slowly took her last breaths in this world.
and then we loved on her until we absolutely knew she was gone.




I never thought it would hurt THIS much.
I knew it would hurt, don't get me wrong...
...but like this??


I still hear her bark from time to time.
I still hear her collar clink together as she runs down the hall,
or flaps her cute little ears.
I can still hear her whine as she begs for her daddy to pick her up so she can share his chair with him.
I still feel her cold nose on me early in the morning because it's time to get up (or maybe because she needs to go out).
I still smell that familiar smell, that "Annie smell" that I loved so much.


She was the best dog anyone could ever have asked for.
She was my dad's best friend, without a doubt
     [and she loved that man with her whole heart].
Some people think it's a little silly, but we just call it LOVE.

Here's a picture I took this past week of her that's still on my phone:
- She always found a comfy place to lay. -















I will never forget my precious baby.
Ever.
She was the best Christmas present I ever got.  :)
and I will love her to the moon and back.
Forever.

Rest in Peace, Angelita Noel Hill. 
Our sweet angel.

2 comments:

  1. awwww Lindi! I am soooo sorry! I cried after reading this, I cannot imagine the pain you are going through right now! I am so sorry for your loss. Annie was a beautiful dog! I love you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lindi I am so sorry about Annie. I will definitely keep you all in my prayers because we lost our Samson a couple of years ago and it's like losing a family member. I'm so so sorry, Annie was such a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete