quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cupcakes and a smile :)

Anyone who knows me well
also knows
that
I
love
cupcakes.

It began as a kind of "joke" between me and some of my girlfriends while I was in school at the University of Montevallo, and it is just one those things that has kind of stuck with me.

Well, this past Saturday, after hours upon hours of wedding gown shopping with my baby sister for her to find the most-absolutely-perfect-est dress for her to marry her most-absolutely-perfect-est fiance...


...we went to Edgar's Bakery in Hoover for some lunch.

Where I found these:






"Be sure to celebrate
the many small things...
bright days, good friends,
and anything
with sprinkles."




...silly, but oh-so-true.

I have no need for these napkins, so of course I didn't buy them
(plus, I'm sure the price for a pack of napkins at Edgar's is probably no where shy of $6+ and that is definitely not happening).

It just kind of got me thinking...


We really should celebrate the small things
because life really is worth it.
It's made up of the small things
(especially a day like today when it's gorgeous outside)
and we should take them for more than what they may be deemed worth from time to time.

Life really is like a cupcake, if you ask me.
Always topped with sprinkles.
Always something new and exciting,
something fun and colorful,
something there just for the sole purpose of putting a smile on our faces.  :)



That's exactly why my mom bought me this before we left:















(strawberry with strawberry icing from Edgar's... my favorite)

Something to brighten my day :)

I even said, while eating it on the way home,
"You guys have no idea how happy this is making me right now."
(with a huge grin on my face)



So, like the napkin said...

...always celebrate anything with sprinkles
(or sometimes without)

cause it's always going to make you happy.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I think I would love being your friend...you

    A. wear blue nail polish
    B. Know what's important in life
    C. Love your family & they love U (obviously)
    D. My fav flavors of cupcake are strawberry buttercream and fresh orange

    Thank you for such a great blog. AuntYaya1

    ReplyDelete