quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

She's still exactly the same.

I just watched
a super cute video
of a super cute little girl...

(my Ruthie)


[I wish I could post the video for you so you'd known just how precious she is]


The Ruthie in the video is a couple of years younger than the Ruthie I fell in love with while living in Gulf Breeze, Florida, but... guess what?

She's still exactly the same.  :)

and guess what else?


I miss her.
and I knew that.
I just realized it even more after watching that video.

She won't be there Spring Break when I go visit,
and that makes me sad,
but I will get to see her mom
who is a 20-something year older version of her.
So that will be beyond nice.  :)


...but I still miss my Ruthie.

Tomorrow?
Tomorrow she's going to class with me.

(not literally - go back and check out my blog from Christmas)
(it's called "(gulp)...for me??")


I think that 'Ruthie' will do just fine 'til I finally get to spend time with the real thing again.
Yes, yes it will.
(and I nod)


I think...
...when I do see her...
...we'll fist pump some balloons...
...until we just can't do it anymore.
Just like before...
...see??


















Moments like those never get old.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment