quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Friday, March 4, 2011

Joy comes with the morning.

Today was one of the very best days I've had in a long time.

I got up this morning, got showered and dressed, and headed out the door...
...to go to the doctor (which was the only semi-bad part of the day).

After that, I went to school.
(still not quite-so-spectacular, right?)

Well... after class...
I met up with a friend from high school,
and we proceeded to walk...

...about 5 blocks (give or take a little)...
         [yes, I walked that far - and it was my idea to continue that trek]

...all the way to Mellow Mushroom
- in 5 Points -
to eat lunch together.

We had some wonderful conversation(s),
and he treated me to a super-yummy meal.

Then, it was off to work.



I know what you're thinking...
"What in the world would make you say that you had one of the best days you've had in a long time when, in reality, you didn't do much (at all)?"


...and my answer?

My mind is free.
My.
Mind.
is.
Free.
(and yes, I will say it one more time - for good measure)
My mind is free.

Sometimes getting something off your chest does more for you than you thought it would do,
and writing yesterday did just that for me.

It gave me a sense of peace.
It gave me just that little extra bit of "life" back that I thought I already had (but clearly hadn't).
It gave me just one more reason... to smile.



My advice to you?
Do what I've done - free yourself from that one (or many) thing that is holding you back from living the full and happy life that you know you deserve.

Sometimes the gratification is instant...
and sometimes?
Sometimes that joy comes with the morning. 
(much like mine did)

:)

1 comment:

  1. it takes so much more energy to keep it in then to just let it go! Love you~

    ReplyDelete