quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not just a little...

Today
was a day.

A long day.

But it was my day.


As I drove home tonight from work,
down that long stretch of interstate,
I listened to this:


  "I Miss You" by Incubus

(another Paula special)
For some reason,
it got me thinking...


When I love,
     I do it big.

I don't love a little,
or just partially.

I love BIG.

And tonight, I realized:
Not only does someone out there deserve to be loved big,
but so do I.

I want to love someone as big as I possibly can...


A quote comes to mind:
"I'm looking for love.  Real love.  Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."
- Carrie Bradshaw, 'Sex and the City'


 ...but I don't want to just give big love.
I want to receive it
because, gosh darn it,
I deserve it.

Somewhere out there is a man who will love me for me,
no matter what,
through thick and thin.
              Someone who will think I hung the moon.
        Someone who will get lost in my eyes the way I do in theirs.
                   Someone who will miss me (five minutes after they've left me).

A ridiculous love.
A BIG love.


and, well...
that's how it should be. 

1 comment: