quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pessimism reigns. (at least for the moment)

...at what point do we grow out of things that are bad for us?
...surrender to the good things in our lives and move forward from the past?


...at what point do we realize that some people aren't going to hurt us?
...that life sometimes really can be as good as it feels like it is, that it's not just playing a cruel joke on us?


Sometimes, my thoughts get the best of me.
Like now.

...but sometimes the same thoughts that get the best of me make me think about my life.

And I don't know...

I was going to be optimistic, but sometimes?  Sometimes pessimism reigns.
Like now.

Pessimism reigns, and I myself wonder...
if life is a cruel joke.

Are some things really too good to be true?


I can't help but wonder how to get myself past a pessimistic attitude that I thought I had long left behind...

(hmm)


(sigh)

...there's always tomorrow, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment