quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Because it makes me smile.

Before I moved back to Birmingham, I received a "Goodbye/We Love You/Christmas" gift from my favorite family in Gulf Breeze, the Sides family.

Among the variety of carefully thought out gifts was a journal to carry with me in my purse (that way I have it all the time and can jot down thoughts and other cool things) and two CD's carefully created by Mrs. Paula Sides herself.

...needless to say, I have listened to those CD's continuously since I got them.  I have also fallen in love with quite a few of the songs on there.

The first song that I fell in love with was Ben Fold's song, "The Luckiest."  It is quite possibly the most amazingly beautiful song that I have ever heard in my 23 years.

(It is consequently also Paula's favorite song.  Did I know this before I text her to tell her that it was my favorite?  No.  Not at all.  That's simply how eerily similar she and I really are - and that's not just my own comment.  It was hers, too.)

The song that is stuck in my head today?

"Jimmy Gets High" by Daniel Powter.


Why, you ask??

Because it makes me smile.  :)
It has no meaning to my life, no way for me to relate to it.
It's simply a fun beat, and the lyrics put a smile on my face.
Don't judge me - you'll smile, too.

(and I nod)

It's a brand new year, and I'm turning over a brand new leaf in life.

Smiling more is exactly what I need.

(and I smile and nod, ever so slightly)


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment