quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A yellow balloon.

Today, I got this:


















,accompanied with this text:

Paula:  My magazine has been open to this for two days... Every time I pick it up to read the next article something happens and I sit it down again.  Today... Today I couldn't turn the page until I took a picture for you.  No, really... Something tells me you need it.  Love, me


...and then...


Paula:  So now you have it and I hope you love it


...to which the conversation escalated to:

Me:  I do love it :)
Me (again):  ...and it made me smile.  Big.
Paula:  Well of course you do... My inner voice told me you would ;)


Exactly, two and a half hours later, I was walking down the sidewalk in downtown Birmingham
(immediately after telling Brandon about the picture and its message)
(-no, I'm not kidding-)
and what do we see??

...you guessed it...

...a yellow balloon.
(my only regret is that I didn't snap a quick picture of it - sigh... shame on me)

(and with that, my heart smiled it's very BIGGEST smile.)

(for those who don't know, the color yellow reminds me of my friend, Malorie, who passed away this past September - along with both of her parents - in a tragic accident... yellow was her favorite color)


...someone knows me far too well. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment