quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rolling around in my head.

My brain seems to be completely jam-packed full of stuff after being stuck in the house for a day and a half because of the snow.

Thank goodness I got to vacate the house for a few short hours today, only to go to class briefly.

However... there's still many things rolling around in my head, but somehow I continue to come back around to happiness.


I've written a lot in my journal in the past few days, so I decided that that was probably a really great place to start.
(I do write down most of my thoughts, after all.)

Today, this is what stuck out to me the most...














...there's always something that aids in making us happy.

It can be something different, something new and exciting...
...or sometimes it can be the little things in life that cause us a feeling of utmost happiness:

snow (and watching it fall, all its wonders)
laughter with my sister's boyfriend while picking on Joie
an emoticon kiss from someone special (for no reason)
the fizz of carbonation when pouring an ice-cold glass of Coca-Cola
a new nail polish color
s'mores
watching the dog enjoy a new toy

All of these things are listed in my journal.  They're things that have made me happy over the past few days.

Before I moved home, when Paula gave me the CD's that I so cherish now, she also gave me a book, "14,000 Reasons to be Happy."

The idea behind the book was that the author has been writing down (since middle school) all of the things - big or small - that make her happy or put a smile on her face...

...well...

I think that's a pretty clever idea.
(and I nod)

...why not write down the things that put a smile - or even a slight smirk - on your face??
...then you can go back at any given time and smile all over again, just for thinking about it.  :)


It's a spectacular idea, if you ask me.

Plus, these days, I'm happy as a clam.
(yes, I said happy as a clam - and I meant it)
Why not write it down and share it with everyone??

(and I smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment