quote

"I felt a nice, fresh breeze a moment ago. Where has it gone to?"
- Tennessee Williams, in 'The Glass Menagerie'

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Powerful Stuff

I pulled out my trusty journal tonight while I was at work,
turned through her off white pages,
and stumbled upon a note that I had made at some point two days ago.

     "Ah, yes, this is powerful stuff"
[Subaru commercial]
            - What's the name of this song?

...so I, of course, relied on my trusty friend, Google.com, to give me the answer to my question.

And this is what popped up:
(go ahead, give it a listen, you know you want to)  ;)


I then proceeded to look up the lyrics to the song, and found these few lines:

All right then let us turn it up
Everyday do like a flower does
Sun rises and she opens up
Sun rises and she sings

(...who wants to guess who it made me think of?)
(if you guessed Malorie, then you are correct, my friend.)
               (she was, after all, like a beautiful, beautiful flower)


It just got me thinking, all be it briefly...
 - am I doing what I promised myself I would?

When she died, I told myself that I would start living every day to it's fullest, that I would do things for myself that would make both her (and myself) proud.
[i.e. waking up in the morning, opening up, and singing - because life makes me happy]

My answer to myself?
         "Self - you're doing a pretty good job of keeping your promise to yourself here lately.  Keep up the
         good work."
                  (imaginary patting on my own back)


I really like having that be my response.  :)
(yes, I do)

...and...

I'm going to continue doing such "powerful stuff."

(and I smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment